Thu February 27, 2014
Pinehurst School History Dates Back to 1908
In 1920, after the old stage road between Ashland and Klamath Falls had become a maintained road, the board decided to build a new school large enough to serve more children. The new one-room building became the Pinehurst School. In less than a decade it was time to move again. Just down the highway in Lincoln, the old mill opened up as the Henry Lumber Company. Workers arrived with 30 new students in the first through eighth grade, so the board moved the school for the last time and renamed it the Lincoln School. The school remains there today, though its name has reverted to Pinehurst again.
Sources: "History of Pinehurst: A Little History About Pinehurst School." Pinehurst School. Pinehurst School,Web. 29 Dec. 2013. Friedman, Ralph. In Search of Western Oregon. illustrated ed.: Caxton Press, 1990. 755. Print; Foley, Anne E. Lincoln on the Greensprings. Medford, Oregon: Southern Oregon Historical Society, 1985.