The federal healthcare.gov website is the focus of anger and the butt of many jokes these days, since it has yet to deliver on the promise of allowing people to browse and sign up for health insurance.
Things may actually be worse at the state site coveroregon.com.
After six weeks, it is still unable to sign people up, and its operators recently told clients to print up paper applications from the site and mail them in.
Now Cover Oregon will hold "application fairs" in several cities, to help clients get their paperwork in place before a mid-December deadline.
Here's the list:
- Medford, Nov. 20, noon to 8 p.m. at the Ramada Medford Hotel & Conference Center
- Eugene, Nov. 21, noon to 8 p.m. at Lane Events Center
- Bend, Nov. 22, noon to 8 p.m. at the Riverhouse Hotel & Convention Center
- Portland, Nov. 23 and Nov. 24, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland
- Salem, Nov. 25, noon to 8 p.m. at the Oregon State Fair & Expo Center (Cascade Hall)
Attendees need to set up appointments, either through coveroregon.com
or by phone at 1-855-COVER-OR (1-855-268-3767).